nVidia drivers and xorg

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed May 18 06:32:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

> Thats odd. Did you actually reboot or did you just restart X?

Did a restart to test, updated, rebooted for new kernel, recompiled the
nvidia driver, altered xorg.conf to make sure dri was gone and nv was
nvidia, rebooted and found xorg.conf had the dri in again and nvidia was
nv again.

> Because I installed the NVidia drivers from nvidia.

Same here. The kernel startup log shows NVRM: loading NVIDIA Linux x86
Kernel module 1.0-7174

> Did the same thing you did. Rebooted and it worked fine. :)
> You have any odd sort of extra hardware detection services enabled?

Nope. Bog standard GF4 in there. I do run kudzu each boot

One interesting thing on the logs...

audit(1116372981.492:0): avc: denied {execmod} for
path=/usr/lib/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1.0.7174 dev=hda5 ino=263999
scotext=system_u:system_r:initrc_t tcontext=root:object_r:lib_t
tclass=file

Is SELinux objecting to it and if it is, how do I fix it? I have SELinux
set to Permissive - Targetted.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Space", it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how
vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big space really is. I mean, you may