GCC 4.xx FC4 rc3 x86_64

James Black blackman at pharm.uoa.gr
Thu May 19 07:38:55 UTC 2005

I found out that many packages can't compile with gcc v4. Since Fedora 4
will be released soon it might be a good idea for compatibility reasons
to also include the gcc v3. It also would be nice if Fedora includes a
scrift to switch temporally from gcc v4 to gcc v3 something like
gcc_choose or something... I know for compatibility reasons you have
include the gcc32 but it's a 32 bit not a 64 bit compiler.
The issue affect multimedia software like Xvid, Mplayer etc.
I would apreciate your answer
James