Malfunction in passwd checking.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu May 19 14:53:29 UTC 2005

I just files a bugzilla on this, but I wonder if others have observed
this behavior. I would assume that I was late and someone else noticed
this. In FC4test3 the passwd program returns Bad passwd messages at
inappropriate times. For example:
the passwd: lkd45j returns: Bad passwd: it is too simple.
What is too simple about that passwd?
the passwd: fgk08p returns: Bad passwd: passwd based on (reversed)
dictionary word.

Now you puzzle players out there. What word is fgk08p based on?
I know it is the fgk that is doing it but I don't know why.
This is very annoying.

Basic is a high level languish.  APL is a high level anguish.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.