<4> post_create: setxatter failed

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Mon May 23 06:15:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 04:15:16PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> On 5/22/05, Arjan van de Ven <arjanv at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I booted off the DVD with "linux jfs", so it would allow me to format
> > > the root partion with jfs.
> >
> > please consider not using jfs instead.
>
> Indeed, XFS works fine.  Is it documented somewhere that JFS does not
> work with Fedora Core?  Maybe installing/booting with "linux jfs"
> should be disabled?

"linux jfs" isn't documented afaik.

The simple situation is that ext3 is basically all we really support and
test, the rest may or may not work. Is there a reason you want to use JFS ?
(ext3 in fc3/fc4 is pretty competative with any of the other filesystems on
just about every workload performance wise... the benchmarks I've seen from
others hardly ever put JFS on top for anything nowadays so JFS strikes me as
a bit of an odd choice)