FC4T3 on Mac-Mini with SmartDisk attached

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Tue May 24 15:33:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 17:40 +0900, Jason Montleon wrote:
> I don't know if the behaviour is by design, or avoidable, but I
> installed
> FC4T3 on a Mac-Mini with a SmartDisk USB Floppy disk attached and I
> was
> continually prompted that /tmp/sda could not be opened.  Not a big
> deal, I
> just restarted the computer with the SmartDisk detached and I didn't
> get the
> prompts, and the install went on normally.  It was darned annoying
> trying to
> go through the install with it attached though.

That'd be USB floppy disk drive, or one of those thumbdrive things?

If it was USB floppy disk drive, was there a disk inside?

Did the messages go away when a disk was inserted?

Have you tried this on another machine other than the Mac mini (i.e. an
x86 or something)?

Thanks
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/