Rolling Own Kernel

Tim Taranov ttaranov at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:23:52 UTC 2005

having done this a bunch of times (including a couple of fc4 kernel
releases) - I find this thread to be helpful

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29434

it's not totally to the letter, but all the steps are there and I'm
sure you can fill out the blanks if you intend to do something like
this.  Make sure you read the full thread though. Also, learn
someplace how to configure kernel build with make menuconfig - that's
the thing that can make a whole difference in the world (together with
knowing how to apply kernel patches: "patch <p1 <
patchfilename.patch")

 BTW, I didn't have any issues with compiling fc4 kernels (I'm also
using x86_64 target) - I tried the 1286 and 1340 kernels without any
problems.