Firefox - why is it better?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 24 22:11:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 14:14 -0700, Michael Knepher wrote:
> Just how is it keeping you from selecting your home directory? Just a
> guess, you may be getting bit by the bug, er, I mean "feature", in the
> latest gtk+ file selector that insists on selecting the first
> subfolder in a folder.

The new gtk+ file selector has to be the worst abomination in user
interface design that I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

I just love the way that when I ask firefox to open something
in /usr/bin/emacs, it takes five minutes to do so -- even _after_ I've
actually typed <Ctrl-L> "/usr/bin/emacs" <Enter>. Sometimes I have to
select 'emacs' again after it's finished scanning the whole of the
contents of /usr/bin.

The fact that I can attempt to attach files in Evolution, typing the
same file name followed by <Enter> four times in a row, and get four
_different_ files, is particularly impressive.

--
dwmw2