Locked screen

William John Murray w.murray at rl.ac.uk
Wed May 25 19:12:46 UTC 2005

   Hi guys,
          Thanks for all the tips. I learnt that:
*) Root password also unlocks.
*) Ctrl-Atl-Fx (x=1-7)

   The problem is, if you are locked out you cannot just google for the
way in. If the idea of a nested session is not a good one (and I can see
there could be device issues) maybe we could just add a few words
explaining these options?

e.g.:

           Screen Locked
    Enter your (or root) password
     (Ctrl-Alt-Fx for a console)

To be honest, I am not sure why the ctr-alt-Fx route is kinder then
nesting another session. It gives similar functionality, but I will
never teach my mother to do it. She will just press the 'reboot' button.
     Bill