Locked screen

Aaron Kurtz a.kurtz at hardsun.net
Wed May 25 21:58:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 16:27 +0100, William John Murray wrote:
>    Hi all,
>        Just a thought for improving Fedora. We now have a 'new login'
> menu item in gnome at least, which creates a new session nested inside
> the old. Isn't this MOST useful when someone has left the screen locked?
> I come along, find one of my kids has locked the screen, and I can
> either 'ctrl-atl-tab' or go and look for him. Bein able to just nest
> a new session would be great.
>        Where does this have to happen? xscreensaver?

Actually, xscreensaver has a configure option to do just this, but it's
not turned on in the Fedora RPMs. From 4.21:
* The unlock dialog can be made to have a ``New Login'' button that will
run gdmflexiserver. Experimental!

Considering "New Login" isn't all that stable, I can understand why it's
turned off.

Now if someone with a sense of graphic design volunteered a new design
for the unlocking screen.

--
Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net             GPG Key ID: ED588CF2