process hangs on 13xx smp kernels

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Fri May 27 06:48:10 UTC 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 19:18, Jonathan Deitch wrote:
> Where do your processes hang?
>
> I can't get mine to allow a login : it boots to a login prompt and
> freezes ... doesn't matter if I'm in runlevel 1, 3 or 5 ...
>
> It's done this with any FC3 or 4 kernel I've tried ...
>
> If your 1276 is working, what kernel parameters are you passing?
>
> - litz
>
> Anne & Lynn Wheeler wrote:
> > 1363 smp kernel seem to last a little bit longer before processes hang
> > and had to regress to kernel 1276.

Please supply a bit more information about your system (M/B make/model, cpu,
memory, components).

I've used 1303, 1305 and 1312 smp kernels with no problems.  Have a gigabyte
GA-7DPXDW-P w/athlon 2800MP cpus, 2GB ram, nVidia geforce4 AGP and 2-120GB WD
SCSI drives under an Adaptec ASC-29160 controller.  Everything runs great
right from installation.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor