scriptlets fail for me -- Thanks.

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 27 07:51:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 07:39:15PM -0700, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 01:12:38PM -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > On 5/26/05, Nifty Hat Mitch <mitch48 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > I get pre and post scriptlet errors for a number of
> > > recent updates.  Is there an easy way to debug them?
> > >
> > >   Updating  : evince                       ######################### [1/2]
> > > error: %post(evince-0.3.1-1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
> >
> > rpm -q --scripts evince
> >
> > the postinstall scriptlet is the important one in this case since you
> > recieved the error during "Updating". If you had seen the error during
> > "Cleanup" it would have been postuninstall scriptlet.
> >
> > attempt to execute each step in the scriptlet and see which step fails
>
> Thanks....

Well running each the scripts by hand let me update and
correct packages that had been tangled by various interrupted installs
and or other rawhide adventures.

Some of those adventures generated package collisions
most if not all are now tidied up.

Now to retest some of the things that caused me to post some bugs.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new place to hang my hat :-)