FC4t3 and switching multiple X troubleshooting

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri May 27 11:00:38 UTC 2005

Filip Tsachev wrote:
> ok so after I have more than one X sessions I can switch ONLY between
> F7 and F1-6... and F8 ... and so on are just blank kind of console
> screens (console mouse is shown) any comment will be highly
> appreciated!
>
> the thing is I have X:0 then I go to native term and startx -- :1 and
> I play with it then I press Ctrl+Alt+F7 (:0) play with it and I want
> to get back to :1 and Ctrl+Alt+F8...9..10.. just can't switch a black
> screen with mouse cursor (console)... but I can switch to :0 again...

I use startx -- :8 to start the second instance of X. Using :1 would not
allow some applications to launch from the second running X session :8
seems to allow all screens to work.

I use ctl-alt-F7 (user Gnome) for the first and ctl-alt-F8 (user KDE)
for the second.

Jim

--
Some Windows were made to be broken.