Serial mouse problems with Fedora Core 4 Test 2

Ben Beeson bwbees0 at charter.net
Sat May 28 01:16:04 UTC 2005

Aloha again,

     On the friendly advice of another, this is reposted here as a more
likely place to find help.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

Aloha list,

        I have installed Fedora Core 4 Test 2 on a spare box that I will
eventually be using for a firewall+router. Right now it is a test box
for the new FC4 release.  This box has had RH7.2 and RH 9 on it in the
past and the mouse worked fine with those installs.  I am having trouble
getting FC4 to recognize and use the mouse, and this is a new problem.
I have tried just about every combination available in
system-config-mouse to no avail.  Many combinations error out with an
error something like 'inputattach: cannot set line discipline'.  Other
combos do not error out and mouse services appear to start OK, but the
cursor on the screen (text screens and X) does not respond to the
mouse.  The mouse is a two button Logitech First Mouse P/N 811327-00.  I
have also tried a Logitech MX 310 USB/PS2 mouse and that one doesn't
work here either although the MX 310 mouse is working quite well on my
FC2 system that I am writing this note from.  Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Mahalos in advance,

Ben