Xserver Permission Problem

Chandana De Silva chandana at desilva.id.au
Sat May 28 03:27:45 UTC 2005

I am running FC4T3 on my desk top, and FC2 on two other computers.

When I ssh into one of the FC2 computers from the FC4 and try to run any
gui app (eg:xclock), I get the message :
"Error: Can't open display:"

I then try to specifically set the DISPLAY and still get the same
message:
[chandana at tarzan chandana]$ export DISPLAY=10.10.10.11:0.0
[chandana at tarzan chandana]$ xclock
Error: Can't open display: 10.10.10.11:0.0

This works fine (without even bothering to set the DISPLAY) from the
other FC2 computer.

Is there some permission setting on the FC4 that is different ?

Chandana