Runing Amarok

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Sat May 28 14:06:06 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 13:02 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Do you refer to Amarok as supplied in Fedora Extras Development?  If so,
> it was last built on March 16th and may suffer from run-time
> incompatibilities, which might be fixed with a rebuild. The updates in CVS
> fail to build currently, however. That's tracked in bugzilla.

thats what I've got when rebuilding

rpmbuild --rebuild amarok-1.2.4-1.fc3.src.rpm

checking whether gcc is blacklisted... yes
configure: error:

This particular compiler version is blacklisted because it
is known to miscompile KDE. Please use a newer version, or
if that is not yet available, choose an older version.

Please do not report a bug or bother us reporting this
configure error. We know about it, and we introduced
it by intention to avoid untraceable bugs or crashes in KDE.

same error pops up when building from source

I wonder if there is a point in sending backtrace to Amorok peeps

Bart Kalita MCP

Registered Linux User #347493  Fedora Core Rawhide

www.bart-domain.com  www.astradine.net