Cannot access windows shares

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sun May 29 00:30:04 UTC 2005

I have a completely uptodate FC4T3 created from a fresh DVD install when
it was first released.

If I click on Computer > Network, I see two icons - one for the windows
box named bjtpc on my LAN,  and one for Windows Network.  If I click on
Windows Network, I see an icon for our workgroup, named tool.  If I
click on tool, I see another icon for bjtpc.  If I click on either bjtpc
icon, I get icons for that computer's C drive and SharedDocs folder.

Clicking on the C drive share icon results in access to the folders.
Clicking on the SharedDocs folder results in an "infinite" hourglass
cursor.  After the hourglass cursor begins, I cannot open any folders in
the C Drive share.  It claims to be opening them, but nothing happens.
Logging out/in restores access to the C drive, but as soon as I click on
the SharedDocs folder, I can no longer access the C drive folder.
Clicking on the C drive folder then results in an "infinite" hourglass,
also.

Having SELinux permissive or enforcing makes no difference.

This operation all works correctly in Fedora Core 3 and in Ubuntu 5.04.
In Fedora Core 3, when accessing the first share, an Unlock Keyring
dialog appears into which I enter my password and then access to the
share is available.  No such dialog is presented in FC4t3.

Anyone else seeing this, or does anyone have a clue on how to
successfully access the SharedDocs folder in FC4?

Thanks.

Gerry Tool