FC4 test (x86_64) poor performance

Vlad marchenko at gmail.com
Sun May 29 13:32:56 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've ran a series of tests on FC4 x86_64 and FC3 x86_64. Found that
the performance is quite poor under FC4 (Athlon64 on nForce 4 Ultra).

I've compiled apache+php and measured max requests per second (rps) of
a simple php script (output of phpinfo(); php_info(INFO_MODULES)) with
the apache's 'ab' application. The maximum RPS I managed for FC4 is
440 while FC3 showed up to 730. Network is not the issue cause I did
measurement via lo0.

It's the same server and I've ran yum update before tests in both
cases. Any ideas?

--
Vlad