SELinux blocking EVERYTHING!

Gustavo A. Lozano glozano at noldata.com
Sun May 29 22:35:14 UTC 2005

All, this DHCP thing is probably other thing not SELINUX.

I have SE turned off, and the dhcp(cd)(d) thing fails very often and too
strange:

Configuration:
eth0 (8139too) and ath0 (madwifi, locally compiled.. hey! why dont
include that in fc4?)

eth0: static ip: 172.16.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0
ath0: dhcp client to a lynksys wifi router

well, no matter in rc5.d there is a link to /etc/init.d/network, the
interfaces DONT COME UP when the system is booted... all the stuff is
fine and checked 3 times.
Running /etc/init.d/network start works fine starting the interfaces...
BUT!!!:
After a couple of minutes, the IP address of the eth0 card is lost.
Then, the ip address of the ath0 is lost also. (only works if eth0 is
down)

I run a dhcp server for my other 2 laptops in the main laptop, as they
dont have wifi cards and the hotspot is too far away to connect an
ethernet cable, so I have a mini hub to provide internet to the other 2
laptops...

If I start dhcpd, it works for about 30 seconds, but then... all ip
information is lost again... and again...

manually setting ifconfig eth0 ........ works for about 10 seconds then
the address is lost, (more frecuently when dhcpd is running)..

--
Gustavo A. Lozano                         Noldata Corporation