External connections locked out after about a day

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue May 31 07:24:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 12:36 +1200, Justin Cook wrote:

> I’m running FC4T3 and I’ve noticed that after 20-24 hours the box
> starts refusing external connections, specifically SSH and web
> (haven’t tried others). Duh, I forgot to check if it could connect to
> external sites itself before rebooting it a few moments ago, but it’ll
> connect to localhost just fine.

I haven't experienced that.
I have experienced an odd thing though - one of my boxes is running a
caching nameserver.
It will stop responding to dns request from my iMac (also running fedora
rawhide) but continue to accept them from my laptop and my workstation.

The iMac is on a different subnet than my laptop and workstation.

dns server - on 192.168.15.255 subnet
wireless router also on that subnet
laptop and workstation on 192.168.1.255 subnet

restarting named on the dns server resolves the issue for the imac for
awhile - I haven't bothered yet to look in the logs to see if it says
why it starts rejecting them.