Fedora Core 4 Test Update: kernel-2.6.14-1.1633_FC4

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 06:18:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 03:22:53PM -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

 > > A rebase to the latest upstream kernel.
 >
 > 	Are we also going to shortly see an update to iptables 1.3.3 to take
 > advantage of some of the newer features that are compiled into the
 > netfilter modules of this kernel such as IPv4 NFQUEUE and IPv6 REJECT
 > and NFQUEUE targets (amongst others)?
--end quoted text---

That's a decision I'll leave to teh maintainer of the iptables package.
As a rule, for older releases, I try to minimise the
"oh, you need to upgrade package x and y" effect as much as possible,
and as this is just a new feature, I'd not say it's an "urgent must fix" item,
but at the same time, any update to iptables may as well move to the latest
rev and take advantage of this.

		Dave