Why are you using rawhide (Re: Broken deps in rawhide reports; Participate in improving docs)

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 18:20:09 UTC 2005

On 11/5/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> >The real question is..... what are people reading when they are making
> >the decision to eat rawhide.. and can we get the daily reports tied in
> >to those locations.
> >

> Good question. Perhaps people using rawhide can let the list know these
> details. Quick survey for those interested.
>
> * Where did you learn about the existance of rawhide from?

Web, pre-Fedora days, i used it off/on

* How did you get started on using it?

Changed the repository info :)
Not a programmer, so I like to bitch when things don't work so they will be
better in the long run. My little contribution....

* What motivates use to use it?

Read #2, report problems/bugs/features, help in some way, out of all the
Linux distros I've tried, I still like RH/Fedora the best and for the most
part agree with the direction they go.

And I just like bleeding edge stuff.

regards