Crash after udev !

Don Springall don_springall at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 6 17:11:46 UTC 2005

Well my test system is FUBAR. Did a Yum update from development that
downloaded a big patch and now everything freezes after udev runs. I don't
even get the signon splash screen so I think Xwindows is broken. It's not a
problem with the Kernel because booting and older kernel still fails.

Did the usual Linux rescue from my Fedora 4 DVD but do not have enough
skills to track down the problem. Could not get my wireless up to run a yum
update. I usually run a custom Kernel to use 8 K stacks so I can run
ndiswrapper windows drivers. Hence no network.

What should I try to narrow down what is wrong ?