Why are you using rawhide (Re: Broken deps in rawhide reports; Participate in improving docs)

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:28:09 UTC 2005

2005/11/5, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com>:
> Hi
>
> >The real question is..... what are people reading when they are making
> >the decision to eat rawhide.. and can we get the daily reports tied in
> >to those locations.
> >

> Good question. Perhaps people using rawhide can let the list know these
> details. Quick survey for those interested.
>
> * Where did you learn about the existance of rawhide from?

by browsing the redhat ftp server when i was still using redhat 7.3.

> * How did you get started on using it?

i manually rebuilt src rpms of selected components at first... after a
while i selectively started eating it.

> * What motivates use to use it?

identifiying bugs before releasetime... and bleeding edge
components... saves me the time of updating lots of stuff manually for
testing now because recently rawhide became alot more "useable" than
back in the days ;).