Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sat Nov 12 23:00:25 UTC 2005

Here's hoping someone can help me (at least get started).

I've got a  Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter but
when I stick an SD card into the slot, nothing happens.

I would assume that if everything was working I would see the card as a
drive on my desktop (but I may be assuming wrongly).

Here's what I can tell about the pci device:

03:01.2 Class 0805: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 1 7) (prog-if 01)
        Subsystem: Dell: Unknown device 0189
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Step ping- SERR+ FastB2B-
        Latency: 64
        Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 10
        Region 0: Memory at dcffc700 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

Has anyone managed to get a SD Card working in this device, or could
someone suggest where to start looking for answers (beyond this forum).

The device in question comes pretty stock in newer Dell laptops and it
would appear to be in quite a few other newer laptops too, so I would be
great if this worked.

Rodd
 It's much better on my side"