Broken scriptlets - will they be fixed by test1?

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 15 06:57:55 UTC 2005

> It sounds like what you said about broken scriptlets from post and pre
> failures are correct. I have signs from both scenerios.
Hi, in my case the cause for the bug was an invalid selinux
configuration (specifically, invalid user context, which I need to
reboot to fix - left over from libsemanage testing). What was surprising
is that it failed in permissive mode - this is a bug, and I've sent a
patch upstream so that no more failures in permissive mode will occur. I
would suggest that you check your user context, and make sure it's correct.

The second half of the problem is that yum/rpm transactions will not
rollback if scripts fail, leaving the system in corrupted state.