Rawhide install success

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Fri Nov 18 21:51:29 UTC 2005

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 15:24 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>> We're still in the process of fixing stuff, but getting closer...  I can
>>> almost taste it :)
>> I take it then that if we still have unresolved dependencies when using
>> yumex, that they are being worked?  Patience required?
>
> The tree should be pretty clean in that respect.  Is yumex not doing
> updates with obsoletes -- if so, that could definitely cause problems
> for the modular X update.  A lot of things are happening with obsoletes
> there
>
> Jeremy

Well, well, well...yumex problem after all (will bugzilla in extras).
In a terminal did a yum update, and, voila!  I now have modular x
running.  Only prob so far is gdm didn't start, an alternate was
automatically started.  Saw some msg traffic on gdm, will go search it
out.  Thanks for the comment, Jeremy.  It was what I needed.

--
Regards,

Old Fart