2.6.14-1.1696_FC5 installs but kernel crashes on boot

Andy Burns fedora-test at adslpipe.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 19:48:40 UTC 2005

Dave Jones wrote:

> Does it boot if you boot with maxcpus=1 ?
> (I'm guessing you have hyperthreading enabled)

No it doesn't, I had already tried disabling HT in the BIOS.

I did notice when booting in rescue mode from the CD
the sizes of "unused kernel memory freed" and "kernel read-only data
write protected" were different from the sizes when booting from hard
disk, is that a different kernel used by the installer, or just
different modules in use?