Rawhide info

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Nov 23 22:51:26 UTC 2005

Linux Counter (li.counter.org) #386711 wrote:
> Call it a stupid question, but I don't know much about Rawhide.
>
> I found a shell script online to get rawhide. Before I actually do it, I
> wanted to know about how long it'll take on about a 1 mbps line. I don't
> want to spend TOO long on this (like a week), so just an estimate would
> be nice.
>
> thanks,
>
> poly-p man

The best way to install rawhide is to download and burn the boot.iso
from the images directory, burn the ISO to CD, then either do an ftp or
http install from one of the mirrors. It took about 4 hrs at 300 kb/s.
You can estimate less time depending on what type of installation and
features you select.

Jim

--
...you might as well skip the Xmas celebration completely, and instead
sit in front of your linux computer playing with the all-new-and-improved