FC5T1 Install Sucess Boot Failure - SUCESS NOW

Matt Carter matt.carter85 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:17:47 UTC 2005

After sleeping on the problem with Udev and Anaconda installing the
SMP kernel on my Centrino 1600 for some strange reason I went back to
my FC5 CDs.

Booted in to rescue mode as follows:

linux rescue selinux=0 vga=771

Then selected all the right options apart from one, I didnt active my
ethernet port as it crashes anaconda.

On getting to console did:

chroot /mnt/sysimage
yum install kernel-2.6.14-1.1709_FC5

Yum then installed the kernel sucessfully I might add, this made a
change to my luck. Rebooted the laptop and Fedora then booted using
the feshly installed Kernel, I then watched nervously to see if Udev
would initialize my hardware............SUCESS!

Booted straight into FC5, got the Run First Time GUI and all is well.
Have removed the old SMP kernel as it is not required, and continued
to update FC5.

Seem like Anaconda accidentally installed the SMP Kernel for my
Centrino Laptop not sure what is going on there maybe it needs a bug
report?

Matt