kernel-2.6.14-1.1639_FC5 - dead usb

Marius Andreiana mandreiana.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 22:07:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

After upgrading to rawhide kernel (including kudzu, udev, hwdata..) USB
stopped working. I also have an optical mouse on usb, and when kernel
boots the light in it dies.

service kudzu start doesn't detect anything at first run, at 2nd run it
says "mmap: /dev/mem Permission denied"

lsmod|grep usb doesn't show anything, I tried modprobe usbnet (for my
usb modem), no error but no usb too. /var/log/messages has no activity
when plugging/unplugging usb devices.

Is this a known problem? The chipset is Intel 865GL. There is a module
loaded automatically now which I think it wasn't before, i915 and drm.

Thanks,
--
Marius Andreiana