Issue updating due to package conflicts

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 23:27:41 UTC 2005

On 11/4/05, Marius Andreiana <mandreiana.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Is there any way of upgrading if I have only kernel 2.6.11 installed? (I
> > > cannot remove it as it's the only one)
> > >

> > 1. upgrade your kernel(yum update kernel)
> > 2. reboot
> > 3. remove your old kernel (yum erase kernel-2.6.11
> > 4. update the rest of the stuff.
> Thank you Seth, but it won't work:

step one should be....
disable development trees and update to the latest available update
for your version of fedora If you you are not running fc3 or fc4
currently, then you will most likely have to grab  an update kernel
package from fc3 or fc4. I doubt the fedoralegacy group is going to
spin up a kernel just to make a transition from a legacy system to
rawhide work.

AND once you enable development disable updates-released.

-jef