Why are you using rawhide (Re: Broken deps in rawhide reports; Participate in improving docs)

Joel Rittvo joelonlinux at optonline.net
Sat Nov 5 19:42:46 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Good question. Perhaps people using rawhide can let the list know these
> details. Quick survey for those interested.
>
> * Where did you learn about the existance of rawhide from?

Read about it on the RH Fedora web site.

> * How did you get started on using it?

I had installed FC1, while pre-FC2 happened to be at a rawhide test
release, and a lot of things didn't work on my laptop, so I gave the
test release a try, hoping more things might work.

> * What motivates use to use it?

I was new to Linux at the time I started all this, and I have always
found I learn more from trying to fix broken things than sticking to
things that work, and rawhide is plenty broken lots of the time.  Also,
this list was/is an excellent learning resource, and the bugzilla
reports for rawhide are much more informative than they are for the base
version, so it is again a good place to hang for getting up to speed on
things.

Joel Rittvo