Failed attempt to "upgrade" to rawhide

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Nov 7 07:59:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 14:11 -0600, Michael Favia wrote:

> Do i need to wait for monolithic x to go the way of the dodo bird before
> making this upgrade or is there a path i can't find? I'm going furthe
> and further back in the mailing list but no luck yet. Help appreciated.

Almost every time I have yum updated to rawhide (which is how I do so
before Test release CD's are available) it involves some yum magic to do
so - either by excluding certain packages or by removing some.

You will want to remove any packages that yum complains about xorg-devel
with - as of yesterday, that's only a few (though there may be some in
extras).

You also want to make sure you have a recent fc4 kernel, and remove the
old fc4 kernels - as the old kernels will conflict with some rawhide
packages.