iPod mini - no automount?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 12:15:15 UTC 2005

> > Running latest Rawhide.
> >
> > Inserting iPod mini results in correct device recognition, but no
> > creation of '/media/ipod' nor mount.
> >
> > Anyone having success with this?
>
> Still reproducible with rawhide-latest? (yes, a month later :P)
>
> Can't repeat it with my 3g iPod (hfs+ partition)

Nor with my g1 ipod photo 60G. Although I don't get the ability to
'eject' it like I use to with my firewire based iPod 3G. I use to be
able do an 'eject /dev/sda' and it would unmount it and come up ready
to unplug. Whereas with the usb-storage based drive it remains in the
'Do no disconnect' on the screen.

Pete