Not sure what to file this one under (laptop problem)

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 22:57:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

For some reason, one of the updates has upset my Toshiba Satellite Pro
A10 laptop. I have a feeling it's something to do with the X server, but
I'm unsure. The laptop runs on the Intel 865 chipset (or 845 - can't
quite remember).

The system is running on rawhide, has the kernel 2.6.14-1.1660 kernel
running on it and the xorg-x11 rpms released today. There are no
duplicates on the box.

The error it is throwing up is

audit(:0): major=252 name_count=0: freeing multiple contexts (1)
audit(:0): major=113 name_count=0: freeing multiple contexts (1)

It does this 5 times while trying to start X before giving up the ghost.
There is nothing untoward in the X log file either.

What do I need to file this under for bugzilla or is there a simple fix
I can employ myself?

One thing I have noticed is that if I run system-config-language, the
only language it gives is English (US). This looks like it has forgotten
that I installed it with English (UK) and reverted back to the US
version - very annoying.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make
a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L.