OpenOffice.org2 regularly crashing without warning and no option for feedback.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Nov 15 04:35:33 UTC 2005

Hi All,

My wife uses OpenOffice.org (on an FC4 laptop that is up-to-date with
udpates) as her main applications and recently (in the last week) she's
been having problems where OOo just 'disappears' (her words) and offers
no chance for feedback about what was happening.

She's loosing 15 minute chunks of work and this is happening a couple of
times a day.

I'm on FC-rawhide and don't use OOo enough to have this problem.

Are others seeing this too?  How can I get some useful backtrace to
report what the problem is?  gdb maybe?

Rodd
 It's much better on my side"