Updating to Rawhide

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 09:24:31 UTC 2005

Matt Carter wrote:

>Hi Guys
>
>I am planning up start using a machine of mine to test Rawhide but
>need help installing it. I have installed FC4 and tried updating to
>Rawhide but it keeps failing on dependancies, should I sync my FTP
>with a Rawhide Server and then do a FTP install?
>
>Thanks for the help.
>
>Matt

Enable fedora-devel and extras-devel repository and disable the rest and
run yum update. Post the output of that to the list if you need help.
You might workaround dependencies by installing a minimal number of
packages or ignore some of the packages in the update by using the
exclude option in yum. man yum and yum.conf for details.

regards
Rahul