Gnome Power Manager

Don Springall don_springall at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:34:57 UTC 2005

I can not get the Gnome power manager to stay up and running. This is what I
get after it crashes when I try to launch it again from the terminal:
[root at localhost don]# gnome-power-manager
** (process:3392): WARNING **: Failed to open connection to dbus session
bus: No reply within specified time
This program cannot start until you start the dbussession daemon
This is usually started in X or gnome startup (depending on distro)
You can launch the session dbus-daemon manually withthis command:
eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`
If this works, add "dbus-lauch --auto-syntax" to ~/.xinitrc

Versions involved are:
pwlib-1.8.7-2, gnome-power-manager-debuginfo-0.2.8-1,
gnome-power-manager-0.2.8-1
By the way running the 'dbus-launch --auto-sysntax' and the
gnome-power-manager again does not help.