OpenOffice.org2 regularly crashing without warning and no option for feedback.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Nov 16 16:46:23 UTC 2005

Kevin Freeman wrote:
> I have not experienced any such crashes until last night.  I don't have
> time now to verify this, but it seems to be related to autosave and sxc
> file format.  i.e., I opened an older document in sxc format using
> oocalc, made some changes, and when autosave kicked in the whole app
> "disappeared."  I reopened the document, immediately saved in the new
> format, made the same edits and oocalc did not crash again - I left the
> document open well beyond the autosave timeout.
>

> Hope this helps,
> Kevin Freeman

It may be related to old formats but the crash is not totally related
to autosave.

My wife uses autosave set to 5 minutes after this crash and is using
*.sxw files as she needs to edit them on a mac at a later date.  Last
night it didn't crash at all while running under gdb (other than when
she didn't hit enter in gdb).

It is random.  She has worked on a document for over an hour and then
just disappear.  Other times it would crash almost at opening the same
document.

It seems to have occurred about the same time as the latest kernel
upgrade but again, it is hard to tell as yum update is run regularly.

She did notice a few nights ago that OOo sort of flickered during
autosave and she expected it to crash then but it didn't.  She saved
her file anyways.