2.6.14 setup problem

Linux Counter (li.counter.org) #386711 pyrophobicman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:39:43 UTC 2005

I just got the new kernel, and was surprised at the setup process. I had it
(mostly) setup in an afternoon. After the long config process, I quickly
installed it, and it even gave me an initrd and grub entry! (initrd had
given me problems in 2.6.13, but I got it working) I get the following
display on boot:

Booting 'Fedora Core (2.6.14)'

root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.14 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1400, size=0x224834]
initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.14.img
[Linux-initrd @ 0xf667000, 0xfc5c1 bytes]

Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel
Kernel panic - not syncing : VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown block
(0,0)

I am an expert when it comes to linux, just not installing it.

poly-p man

--
Registered linux user #386711 at
http://counter.li.org