Floppy drive no longer appears

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sat Nov 19 17:26:25 UTC 2005

Hello,

      I recently installed the Gnome version of Fedora Core 3 onto an
older computer.  After performing the installation, I also ran the
upgrades.  When restarting the computer into the newest kernel, I
realized that in the "Computer" desktop icon, my floppy drive no longer
appears.  How can I fix this problem?  I once remember seeing something
about the HAL needing to be upgraded, or something like that.  At this
moment, I don't have access to my floppy drive.  How can I fix this
problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff