Rawhide install success

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Nov 20 13:05:05 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 07:58 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:

> The first attempt I tried installed up until the mirrors updated and the
> packages were different than before. When rebooting to try the
> installation again, the installer complained the boot.iso was not
> correct. Burning a new boot.iso and ftp installing again led to a great
> istallation on my end. No errors with the installer and IMO, the
> installer is more professional looking and easier for me to tailor
> settings to my fit when firstboot arrives. (radeon video, HP ze4300 laptop)
>
> boot.iso was dated Nov 19th for successful clean install.

Also did a rawhide clean install this morning, and was a success for the
most part.

The two problems I did run into was below..

1 - Monitor is a KDE XF-9b, and it's always (even with last couple
Fedora releases) selected as custom, as in PTO3e or something like that.
Had a bug opened to add my .inf file a while back, guess maybe need to
reopen it or submit a new with the new modular X.

2 - Upon going through the selection screens in anaconda, and at the
selinux part, I selected to disable it, and it enabled it anyway.  Had
to manually disable upon boot.

Other than that, was a success, cept the package selection screen, which
we already know is being redesigned.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"