Availability FC5 - Test 1

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 22:54:31 UTC 2005

John Reiser wrote:
>>down side is gnome is scheduled for March 15 2006
>>http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen
>>
>>Fedora 5 is scheduled for February 2006
>>http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
>>

>>Now I know dates tend to slip, and I would love to see this one slip a
>>little more ;)
>

> And what if GNOME-2.14 slips from its estimated March 15?  Getting
> "coupled" to an external project dramatically increases schedule risk.
>
> I want to see Fedora Core 5 keep to the schedule of General Availability
> at the end of February 2006.  If GNOME-2.14 does ship on March 15, then
> those who want to use it in FC5 can get the updates.

And maybe someone can build an "unofficial" mid-term release of FC5, as
has been done for FC4.

Just so long as you get up2date and RHN fixed. It is useless now.

And /also/, just so long as you co-ordinate properly with the repo
builders. When FC4 came out, I probably should have waited a couple of
months for the glitches to iron out. I hope I don't have to do that again.

Temlakos