Sendmail not creating /var/spool/mail/root file after 11/19 install

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 21 23:26:51 UTC 2005

I have problems related to the root account mail. The mail does not
spool or whatever it is supposed to do. Also when using 'su -' in
gnome-terminal, it fails to change to /root and presents an error
message. If you do 'cd' in the gnome-terminal shell you are changed to
the directory /root .

I'm sure that there are many more bugs encountered with clean
installations. These are just bugs that I noticed since the clean
install of rawhide. The /var/spool/mail/user file was successfully created.
I have no mail coming in from root or user.

Jim

--
The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will last at
least until we've finished building it.