libcrypt

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Nov 22 12:09:54 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 09:58 +1100, Rick Marshall wrote:
> i've hit a wall with my upgrades - libcrypto.so.5 and libssl.so.5 -
> needed by a number of packages. any easy way around this or is it a
> remove many things and reinstall approach?

I assume you are trying to yum update a fc4 box to rawhide?

With all due respect - at this point in time I would wait for Test 1 and
do a clean install - which will let you test the install as well - if
you really can't wait, do a clean network install.

uninstall anything that needs the old ssl libraries.
If they are packages from Fedora Extras - file bug reports against them
(checking first to see if they already have them)

If they are from third party repositories - you'll have to wait.
With respect to the kernel - make sure you have the most recent fc4
kernel, and uninstall all other kernels.