Availability FC5 - Test 1

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 14:16:10 UTC 2005

2005/11/22, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com>:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 01:35:20PM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Not if the project you're coupling to has proven to be more reliable
> > than your own project :) I think in all of GNOME 2, there has only been
> > one slip, and it was one week.
>
> But that was IMHO done by shipping very buggy code on the release date rather
> than by shipping stable usable desktops delayed. Most GNOME desktops were not
> actually until a couple of updates on.
>
> Alan
>
> --

there are still small bugs left in the actually shipped gnome version.
sure it would be nice to have the latest gnome desktop available but
why wait for it? a new release will come for sure anyways 6 months
later... and for the hardliners there are plenty of ways to update
gnome.

The real "bleeding edge" people that can handle bugs run rawhide these
days anyways and i am sure it will popup in rawhide pretty soon.

just an opinion.

regards,
Rudolf Kastl