Gnome misbehaving

David Andersson andda347 at student.liu.se
Tue Nov 22 17:32:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 16:13 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This email is coming via the torture which is a KDE desktop....
>
> Gnome is playing silly buggers and I'm at a loss as to why - nothing is
> showing in the logs. I login and get the the Fedora "box" which normally
> shows what is loading. It shows metacity and that's it. Nothing else.
>
> KDE fires up without a problem, but not Gnome.
>
> Any ideas what may have broken? I hate KDE and want my lovely Gnome
> back.

I have the same problem. Didn't see anyone else mentioning it so i
thought i had messed something up.

I however also get a dialog where gnome complains about libxklavier.
Don't know if it's related though.

To start gnome now i must:
1: Log in to the failsafe session.
2 Execute gnome-session, which will lock.
3. ctrl + C to abort the execution
4. Execute gnome-session again

This will start gnome, but it complains about not being able to start
the gnome-setting-daemon, so on the fly changes are not available.