Availability FC5 - Test 1

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 19:36:36 UTC 2005

On 11/22/05, Will H. Backman <whb at ceimaine.org> wrote:

> [...]

Tools of the trade change from one *nix to the other and same with distro's.
I use all the major *nix at work and (linux|freebsd|solaris) at home and
they all have there differences that you just have to learn and get used to.

RH can't force Debian/Suse to use system-config* and the flip side they
can't force RH/FC to use dpkg/yast. Just something we have to deal with when
there are 500+ distributions to use out there :) and I don't think LSB has
any place to tell folks what to name the commands. Plus as it has been
mentioned, as new tools come out or forks, the name has to change, no
choice, if it didn't that would be more confusing imho.