compat-libstdc++-33 still missing in my default install (all except KDE)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Nov 24 21:44:46 UTC 2005

DAVID BENTLEY wrote:

>compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47 not installed by default
>and therefore needs to be manually installed in order
>to run realplayer 10 as in FC4.

The Fedora installer does not install packages and dependencies which
are not selected. It has been suggested before that the "Legacy Software
Development" group be enabled by default in the installer.  That has the
problem that Fedora would have be installing compability cruft for
packages which arent provided by Fedora, possibly forever since the
packages wouldnt be updated. Alternatively the problem can be reported
to such programs to move on and support the newer libs. The information
on installing these legacy software would be available in the release
notes. Suggestions?

regards
Rahul