FC5t1 report - ultimately a failure on work1

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Nov 25 10:52:55 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 16:47 +1000, david walcroft wrote:

> Must be biiiggggg business - turkeys

It is in the U.S. - other than the 4th of July - it is the most
important country specific holiday we have, and it celebrates an event
that precedes our independence.

It is also far more of a family holiday than any other save Christmas.

Of course it is kind of sad - the story goes that the Pilgrims would not
have made it through the winter had it not been for the American Indians
- whom we then proceeded to do terrible things to, wiping some peaceful
(and non peaceful) tribes out completely - and virtually destroying
those we didn't wipe out.